The (ISC)2 Eastern Massachusetts Chapter is happy to invite you to our upcoming event in April.
Theme: Securing Your Virtual Environment
Date and Time: April 3rd, 1:00pm
Location: Kaspersky Labs, 500 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn
Speakers and Presentations:
Matt Repicky is a Senior Consultant for Security Management Partners with a CISSP from ISC2 and CISA from ISACA. Matt works on a variety of projects for SMP that range from risk based reviews of security programs and infrastructure to active testing of networks and applications. He works primarily with corporations in the financial industry and healthcare with special attention to regulation requirements in these areas. His background in virtualization comes from working with clients and SMP to design, manage, monitor and assess virtual environments.
Understanding security in the virtualization environment is about identifying risks and threats and developing controls to address them. The threats in virtualization are attacks against the hypervisor and the built-in services of the virtualization platform. The risks are unavailability, improper access and improper configuration of the systems. The talk will cover controls you can implement to secure against the risks and threats to maintain control over your environment and information.
Our Information Technology team is looking to add an individual who understands IT Security principles, IT Audit and business continuity at a senior analyst to administrator level. Reporting to the IT Security manager this position works both independently on projects with regular interaction with supervisor and peers. This position requires broad knowledge of information security and IT auditing principles and theories. Working knowledge of security controls in use in a large enterprise is desired. The candidate must be able to both identify problems and propose solution options to management. Previous IT Audit experience is desired. The candidate will perform IT General Control discovery, design and perform effectiveness testing at global locations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for IT Security run book maintenance (procedures) used by global helpdesk and IT Security team.
- Liaison to third-party helpdesks for monthly IT Security metrics tracking and report creation.
- Remains abreast of country specific information compliance regulations and tracks compliance needs as appropriate.
- Oversees research on technological advancements to ensure that security solutions are continuously improved, supported and aligned with industry and company standards. Recommends strategy and policy changes based upon research.
- Conduct IT Risk Assessment reviews at regional locations (global)
- Conduct internal IT audits/special audit assignments and submit audit observations to the IT Security manager.
- Assist the IT Security manager in risk assessment for audit areas before commencing the audit.
- Responsible for creating technology topologies for IT centers and maintaining site IP information for troubleshooting exercises.
- Will assist the IT Security manager with global standardization of disaster recovery preparedness.
- Bachelor degree required. A major in Computer Science or Cyber Security Science preferred
- Two + years of IT Security experience
- Two + years of IT Audit experience
- Business Continuity and IT Risk Assessment experience desired
- Proven and demonstrated accomplishments in the Information Security field. Member of an Information Security Organizations (i.e., ISSA, SANS, ISC2, ESF, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with Networking Security, UNIX, HTML, CGI, SSL and XML; practical experience with firewalls; perimeter protection, virtual private networks (VPN); intrusion detection; incident handling and forensics practices.
- Working knowledge of graphic applications used for flow-charting and infrastructure depiction (i.e. Visio) and demonstrated ability to produce high quality documentation.
- Must have excellent project management skills, including the ability to plan, organize, & prioritize multiple projects to ensure target dates & goals are achieved.
- Travel required: 25%, mostly international.
Ryan McGreevy?WW Talent Sourcing Specialist?Sensata Technologies, Inc.?529 Pleasant Street ?Attleboro, MA 02703